Solaris Fatigue Management utilizes a human factors approach to mitigating fatigue related risk. With the goal of optimizing worker health and safety while enhancing organizational performance, Solaris offers risk assessment, education and training options, and program development that reflects current evidenced based science. Solaris clients include Canadian and US government agencies, labor groups, safety associations and private industry.
Solaris Fatigue Management is owned and operated by Mike Harnett. Working in alliance with other human factors and fatigue management specialists allows Solaris to provide a comprehensive suite of fatigue related services.
About Mike Harnett
Highlights of Ms. Harnett’s 30+ year career in fatigue and human factors include:
- Consulting to various Canadian and US government agencies including NASA, in addition to railways, airport authorities, airlines, trucking, mining, utilities, oil& gas, construction, maritime, food, health, entertainment and first responder industries.
- Award-winning keynote and technical speaker at OHS, HR and Industry Conferences across North America
- Specialist in assisting various industries, associations and regulatory bodies regarding the implementation of human factors and fatigue risk management systems
- Subject matter expert on fatigue with
- The Rail Association of Canada (RAC)
- The US Federal Rail Association (FRA)
- WorkSafe BC (workers compensation)
- Canadian Standards Association
- Active member serving on several Canadian Standards (CSA) Technical Committees
- Participant in the National Safety Council’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Fatigue
- Expert witness registered with The Expert Institute out of New York